Tuesday, April 08, 2008

an admission

I have an admission to make. I am an addict. My drug of choice? Facebook. Yes, Facebook, the social networking site.

I have a MySpace account. I rarely go on it, though. I only joined MySpace because one of my younger sisters was on there, and I wanted to check it out (ok…and check on her as well). Usually, I avoid MySpace like the plague. The glittery graphics and the various backgrounds that make it impossible to read the text unless you highlight it just give me a headache. I quickly lose interest.

Several months ago I received a Facebook request from a close friend. I decided to sign up and check it out. Over the next several months, I added more friends – some I talk to near daily on other sites, some that I haven’t spoken to in a few years (or more!). I like the clean, clear look of Facebook. I can actually READ profiles and not get a headache!

Then…I found applications. Namely, games. Oh the games you can play! Scrabulous! (aka Scrabble), Scramble! PackRat! And that would be where my addiction took flight.

Sorry…can’t keep writing…PackRat is calling my name. Must search for the newest set of cards.

No comments: