- Jack of All Tails by Kim Norman
- We Honestly Can Look After Your Dog by Lauren Child
- Badness for Beginners by Ian Whybrow and Tony Ross
- Grumblebunny by Bob Harman
- Finklehopper Frog by Irene Livingston
- Excuse Me by Lisa Kopelke
I was sick this week, and completely forgot to write down the books I read. Of course, a few weeks later, I couldn't remember the titles!
Craft: Tear Bears
- Heart to Heart by George Shannon
- Minnie and Moo: Will You Be My Valentine? By Denys Cazet
- The Perfect Nest by Catherine Friend
- What to do? What to do? By Toni Teevin
- Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner
- Skippyjon Jones in the Doghouse by Judy Schachner
- Skippyjon Jones in Mummy Trouble by Judy Schachner
- Ugly Fish by Kara LaReau
- Dear Fish by Chris Gall
We painted the fish with glitter glue. Cut a wedge out of the paper plate. the wedge will be glued to the plate to be the tail (glue dots work best).
This craft works well with preschoolers, too. All ages enjoyed it!
- Bats at the Beach by Brian Lies
- The Day Jimmy’s Boa Ate the Wash by Trinka Hakes Noble
- Jimmy’s Boa Bounces Back by Trinka Hakes Noble
- Jimmy’s Boa and the Big Splash Birthday Bash by Trinka Hakes Noble
This craft came from a teaching guide about reptiles (I'll edit later to post the book info). The idea of the craft is for the class to make a life sized boa...about 33 feet long! Instead, I allowed the kids to make their snakes as long as they wanted, but told them how big boas really can be...as long as a school bus!