The second week of this program went well. Five children returned for an evening of pizza, reading and fun. I read chapters 6 – 9. Afterwards, the children made jingle bell bracelets and we discussed the story (questions below).
- When they first hear Aslan’s name, the children all experienced different feelings. Why do you think they felt different things? How did you feel when you first heard his name?
- What did Edmund know about the White Witch? Did he believe that she was good or bad?
- How does Edmund justify his choice to go to the White Witch? What do you think of his decision?
- What do you think of the Beavers? Are they good or bad?
- What do you think of the story so far?
Week 2 – Jingle Bell Bracelets:
Additionally, the children have journals they can decorate (inside and out) while I’m reading. Here are a few photos of their journals (name edited out on one):
A few photos of the inside pages: