Thursday, May 01, 2008

Bookmarkers -Narnia – Week Four

It shouldn’t be surprising to hear that after Monday’s program, my voice was more than a bit shaky. Monday evening was the final night of the Narnia program. There were 6 children attending. Three had attended each week. One had attended the first week. The other two were first timers.


I read the final chapters of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, taking about an hour and 15 minutes to finish the book. Afterwards we discussed the book a little – forgoing again the formal questions I had listed. Then we worked on our craft – crowns.


Materials used for the craft: gold and silver bulletin board trimmer, assorted gems, feathers, hole punches, ribbons, etc.


Some photos for your viewing pleasure.


This is how I set up for each week.

Photobucket


My sample crown.


Saturday we will show the movie. I’m not sure how many to expect. I’ve purchased popcorn (from GFS), assorted candy (tootsie rolls, laffy taffy, sixlets, etc.) and juice boxes. We will also have pizza (donated by Inner CircleBelmont Ave., Liberty).

No comments: