Thursday, June 05, 2008

Book update

Yes. Another book update.

As I previously said, I’ve been in a reading funk lately. It seems to be getting better. I’m enjoying both listening to the audiobook that’s in my car’s CD player (The Edge Chronicles #1: Beyond the Deepwoods by Paul Stewart & Chris Riddell), and reading the lasted tome by Stephenie Meyer (The Host).

Beyond the Deepwoods
is a children’s fantasy book. There are times I’m annoyed with the story (for instance, seems like one bad thing after another happens to Twig – the main character), but that may be enhanced by the narrator. I’m not sure I like him.

As for The Host – well, I like this sci-fi novel by Stephenie Meyer a lot more than her quite famous vampire series (Twilight). Granted, I did overall enjoy Twilight – even if I want to take a clue-by-four to several of the principle characters. The Host leaves the vampires behind in Forks, and brings us face to face with alien occupation and domination of the planet. I’m about one third to one half of the way through the book and can’t wait to pick it up and read more!

And that is all I have on the plate right now. Well…if you don’t count the unfinished Prom Nights from Hell. I really should finish the last story in it…or give up and write about the others.

No comments: