Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Rumor has it...

I've finished another book. Last night I finished the sequel to The Luxe by Anna Godbersen. The second book in the series is titled Rumors.

The story starts shortly after the end of The Luxe. Elizabeth Holland is thought to be dead. The only people who know otherwise are her younger sister Diana and her supposed best friend Penelope. Both of these young ladies are in love with the same man...Elizabeth's former fiancé, Henry Shoonmaker. Will either woman get their wish of Henry's hand in marriage?

Meanwhile, Lina - the Holland's former maid - finds herself rising in society. Will she be able to fit in high society without getting found out for who she really is?

The story was OK. I was bored throughout parts of the tale. There is a supposedly a sequel being written. I'm not sure if I'll bother reading it.

No comments: