Thursday, July 09, 2009

all my bags are packed...

I'm ready to go. Tomorrow morning I'll take a train from Detroit to Chicago so I can attend the American Library Association's Annual Conference.

I plan to have fun, get lots of swag (I need to replentish my stock of Post-It Notes and pens), get a lot of ARCs and learn lots of new and exciting things about my profession. It is going to be a long weekend packed full of meetings, receptions, dinners, sessions and more.

While there I'll be checking on the news about Ohio's budget. Nearly ten days after they were suppose to make the final decision, we are still waiting to hear what is going to happen. Here's hoping that I'll return to work hearing good news!


Here is a few Tuning in on Thursday videos:

Lynda Murray from Ohio Library Council





This last one isn't about the importance of libraries, or about the Ohio budget, but rather one of the many FREE programs and presentations provided by the local library.

No comments: