Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Books , books everywhere

I have piles of books everywhere. Many of the books are ones to be read. It seems like these piles keeps growing, even though I’ve started placing holds on books so that they won’t arrive for at least a month.

My current pile includes:
(Juvenile)
The Lost Conspiracy by Frances Hardinge
Alchemy and Meggie Swan by Karen Cushman (ARC)

(Teen)
Shiver by Maggie Steifvater
Almost astronauts: 13 women who dared to dream by Tanya Lee Stone

I know there are more. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Items on hold:
(Juvenile)
A taste for red by Lewis Harris
Invisible lines by Mary Amato
One crazy summer by Rita Williams-Garcia.
Big Wolf & Little Wolf by Nadine Brun-Cosme; [illustrated by] Olivier Tallec; [translated by Claudia Bedrick]

(Teen)
Wanting Mor by Rukhsana Khan
Splendor: a Luxe novel by Anna Godbersen
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld; illustrated by Keith Thompson.
The monstrumologist: William James Henry by edited by Rick Yancey
Newes from the dead: being a true story of Anne Green, hanged for infanticide at Oxford Assizes in 1650, restored to the world and died again 1665 by Mary Hooper
Tales of the Madman Underground by John Barnes
All unquiet things by Anna Jarzab.
Kit's wilderness by David Almond.

I think it’s time to step up the reading!

Just because all of these are books that I have slated to read, it doesn’t mean I will actually read all of them. Some I might put in the dud pile. That’s what I did with Unfinished Angel by Sharon Creech. I just couldn’t get past the weird speech of the angel. I found it distracting. So…back to the library it went.

Another pile? Books I’ve finished recently and need to write about. But that is for another post.

1 comment:

Charles said...

For a thrilling historical fiction love story, try Jacob's Courage, http://jacobscourage.wordpress.com/.