Thursday, February 04, 2010

Going to the movies...or maybe not

*grumble*

I read the other day that the book Beezus and Ramona is being made into a movie. In the books Beezus is around 10 and Ramona is around 4. So, why are the actresses for the movie, renamed Ramona and Beezus, each at least six years older than their character from the book?

Adding to that, I was very excited about the upcoming release of The Lightning Thief, the first book of the Percy Jackson series. That was, I was very excited until I looked up info on the movie today and saw that Percy Jackson is in HIGH SCHOOL for the movie. WTH? In the first book he is almost12. This is important for the series, since there are five books and Percy is possibly part of a prophecy about a half blood saving or destroying Olympus when he turns sixteen. Now I’m more worried than before that they are going to shove several of the books into one movie.

Le sigh.

No comments: