Thursday, February 25, 2010

Life Lessons

One of the books that I am currently reading, Leo and the Lesser Lion by Sandra Forrester has a very sad plot element. I’m not giving anything away that you wouldn’t know just from reading the back of the book or the inside cover. The main character’s brother dies. She does too, but she is revived.

Knowing that this was going to happen, I couldn’t help the anxious feeling I had reading the first part of the novel. How could I? As that part was getting nearer, I almost put the book down. I didn’t want to read of the hurt and grief that Bayliss (the main character) and her family would experience. I trudged on, though, and am now past the initial shock of Leo’s death. Bayliss is healing, physically and even starting to heal emotionally. Even though at first I was apprehensive to continue reading this novel, now I can’t wait to read what she does next.

In other news, I finished Flygirl by Sherri Smith. The review will be posted later. First I need to write it!

No comments: