Sunday, July 25, 2010

OMG! You gotta check this out!

Over the course of catching up on my blog reading, a few great sites have come to my attention. Here are the "must share with everyone" links:

Show and Tell Me
Started by Amy Timberlake, this site is devoted to children's book creators answering one (or more) of several specific questions: "• where i work • favorite place • made it • found it • quote i love"
Shelf Check
A humorous, quirky comic strip set in libraries. This appeals to my warped sense of humor. Thankfully I have about six weeks to get the "Kiss my ass" version of If You're Happy and You Know It" out of my head.

Dueling Banjo Pigs

A collection of illustrations by various artists, all sharing a similar theme: Pigs playing banjos.

As the site states:

About The Duel of Banjo Pigs
It started out with a duel between friends. Guy Francis challenged fellow illustrator, Stacy Curtis, to a duel of banjo playing pigs. Now, other illustrators have joined the fun with banjo pigs of their own!

I haven't looked at all of the illustrations yet, but so far many of Stacy Curtis' are my favorites.

No comments: