Sunday, October 03, 2010

The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo

This review is by guest reviewer/blogger Sharon.


On one of my recent Amazon orders, I was a few dollars short of free shipping, so I decided to add The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” by Stieg Larsson to my order. I had heard that it was good, and it was on sale, so decided to give it a try.

This book sat on my shelf for a while until I had a chance to read it. I took it with me on a trip out east, figuring the thickness would help to keep me occupied during my endless hours of airport waiting time.

Unfortunately, this book did not end up helping with my boredom, at least on my way out east. I found it difficult to get into and the characters confusing. I kept getting the various family members confused as to who was who, and how they related to the next person.

It took me quite a while to get through this book, and I have no intentions of reading the next two. I found the book long, boring and convoluted. As I got further, the book did get better and held my interest, but never enough to encourage me to read the next volume. I found some aspects of the story difficult to follow as things moved quickly and were not explained well enough.

If you like a mystery, this may be a good book for you to read. But, the clues are not really that obvious so that you can figure it out before hand.

No comments: