Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Printz I have known…

As I mentioned before, I want to read more of the Printz winners and honors. The first Printz award was given in 2000, so there aren’t nearly as many books on the list as there are for Newbery. As I also already mentioned, I’ve read seventeen of the books. They are listed below:

  • 2001 Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison, Honor
  • 2001 Stuck in Neutral by Terry Trueman, Honor
  • 2002 A Step from Heaven by An Na, Winner
  • 2003 The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer, Honor
  • 2004 The First Part Last by Angela Johnson, Winner
  • 2004 The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler, Honor
  • 2005 Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy by Gary D. Schmidt, Honor
  • 2006 Looking for Alaska by John Green, Winner
  • 2007 American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang, Winner
  • 2007 An Abundance of Katherines by John Green, Honor
  • 2007 The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Honor
  • 2008 Repossessed by A. M. Jenkins. Honor
  • 2009 The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart, Honor
  • 2009 Nation by Terry Pratchett. Honor
  • 2010 Charles and Emma: The Darwins' Leap of Faith by Deborah Heiligman, Honor
  • 2010 Tales of the Madman Underground: An Historical Romance, 1973 by John Barnes, Honor
  • 2011 Stolen by Lucy Christopher, Honor

Since the only year I am missing is 2000, I am going to start with the winner from that year: Monster by Walter Dean Myers.

In other news, I am trying out Pinterest. So far I am just using it for library/reading themed links. Click the link to check out my boards.

No comments: