Thursday, May 24, 2012

Do you hear what I hear?


I’ve listened to several audiobooks so far this year. 

  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon – a favorite.  So much so that I recently purchased the whole series through audible.
  • My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George – 1960 Newbery honor.  While enjoyable, it is a bit dated.
  • Julie by Jean Craighead George – sequel to Julie of the Wolves that was published many years later.  Pretty good.
  • Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer L. Holm. –2011 Newbery honor.  It was OK. 
  • Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George – 1973 Newbery winner.  LOVED IT.  Even though it won the award nearly 40 years ago, it didn’t seem dated.  A true classic.
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett – Loved it.  I heard that the audiobook was fantastic, and I am happy to say that it is. 

No comments: