Back in January I stated seven reading resolutions for 2012. It has been more than six months and I’m long overdue in posting an update. Here are those goals and an update on each.
- Read twelve Newbery books this year I have to check my notes. I think I’ve read 5 so far.
- Read twelve Printz books this year I have to check my notes. I think I’ve read 4 so far.
- Join or start a new youth literature discussion group I finally did it! Recently we had our first meeting, which was fantastic. I started a group on Facebook so we can discuss when and where to meet – and I can send reminders more easily. Since most of the group members are youth librarians, we are going to meet again after Summer Reading finishes – so in August.
- Keep track of picture books read I’ve been doing this on GoodReads.com
- Up my social media usage (in regards to books) Yeah….not so good at this yet.
- Participate in at least one official 48-hour Reading Challenge in 2012 Missed the one that was a few months ago. Maybe in the fall?
- Take the time to read the blogs, journals, and other news sources to keep up with libraryland. This has totally fallen to the wayside. Must change that!! I need more hours in the day…and the drive to use those hours in the way I really should.