Saturday, April 06, 2013

2013 Reading Resolutions - Quartely Update


We are at the start of the fourth month of 2013, so how about a quarterly update on My 2013 Reading Resolutions?


1. Participate in at least one 48-hour Reading Challenge – even if I’m the only one taking part! - The April challenge is during a very big event at my library, so I won’t be participating in that one. 


2. Read more books from the below lists.
  • Randolph Caldecott Medal  - 47 and counting
  • Odyssey Award – 6 finished and one abandoned
  • Schneider Family Book Awards - None yet. 
  • Stonewall Book Award - Mike Morgan & Larry Romans Children's & Young Adult Literature Award – 5 finished and one abandoned
  • Theodor Seuss Geisel Award – I’ve read them all!!
  • YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults – only read one this year
  • Robert F. Sibert Informational Book – read 5
3. Set aside time each week to read the libraryland blogs, journals and other news sources. – I really need to work on this more! 

4. Keep up with tracking books read!  - I’ve been using Goodreads a lot, and have even challenged myself to read an average of one book a day this year.  That includes picture books, audiobooks, non-fiction, fiction, re-reads…basically everything. 

Not too shabby, if I do say so myself!

No comments: