We are at the start of the fourth month of 2013, so how about a quarterly update on My 2013 Reading Resolutions?
1. Participate in at least one 48-hour Reading Challenge – even if I’m the only one taking part! - The April challenge is during a very big event at my library, so I won’t be participating in that one.
2. Read more books from the below lists.
- Randolph Caldecott Medal - 47 and counting
- Odyssey Award – 6 finished and one abandoned
- Schneider Family Book Awards - None yet.
- Stonewall Book Award - Mike Morgan & Larry Romans Children's & Young Adult Literature Award – 5 finished and one abandoned
- Theodor Seuss Geisel Award – I’ve read them all!!
- YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults – only read one this year
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Book – read 5
4. Keep up with tracking books read! - I’ve been using Goodreads a lot, and have even challenged myself to read an average of one book a day this year. That includes picture books, audiobooks, non-fiction, fiction, re-reads…basically everything.
Not too shabby, if I do say so myself!