Sunday, October 06, 2013

September Reads



When I look at the list of books I read last month, I feel like I was a bit of a slacker. This is especially so when I compare the numbers from previous months.  Why?  Because unlike other moths, I only finished 21 books in September. 

In my defense, I was in Texas for a week, visiting my sister and her family.  We did a lot of prep work for my niece’s first birthday party, as well as just spending time together.  That seriously cut into my regular reading time.  No complaints, as it was worth every moment!

Another reason there aren’t as many books on the list is that Brindi and I have read all the picture book awards lists.  Well, the lists we were focusing on: Belpre, Caldecott and Coretta Scott King illustrator. 

Here are the titles I read in September:

  • Moonshot: The Flight of Apollo 11 by Floca, Brian
  • A Dog Called Homeless by Lean, Sarah
  • Kakapo Rescue: Saving the World's Strangest Parrot by Montgomery, Sy
  • Bodies from the Ice: Melting Glaciers and the Recovery of the Past by Deem, James M.
  • The Last Guardian by Colfer, Eoin
  • No Crystal Stair: A Documentary Novel of the Life and Work of Lewis Michaux, Harlem Bookseller by Nelson, Vaunda Micheaux
  • Go Away, Big Green Monster! by Emberley, Ed
  • Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb by Perkins, Al
  • Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Litwin, Eric
  • Okay for Now by Schmidt, Gary D.
  • The Quest for the Tree Kangaroo: An Expedition to the Cloud Forest of New Guinea by Montgomery, Sy
  • Revolution by Donnelly, Jennifer
  • World Rat Day: Poems About Real Holidays You've Never Heard Of by Lewis, J. Patrick
  • Wee Rhymes: Baby's First Poetry Book by Yolen, Jane
  • Heart of a Samurai by Preus, Margi
  • And One Last Thing ... by Harper, Molly
  • Nation by Pratchett, Terry
  • The Voice That Challenged a Nation: Marian Anderson and the Struggle for Equal Rights by Freedman, Russell


Not listed on Goodreads, but read multiple times while visiting my niece:
  • Red is Best by Kathy Stinson
  • Prayer for a Child by Rachel Field
  • Chicka chicka boom boom by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault

No comments: