Saturday, June 07, 2014

Reading Resolutions update

Updated June 2, 2014

1. Participate in at least one 48-hour Reading ChallengeIf not done by June 30, 2014, organize my own.

2. Read more books from the below lists.


Newbery

Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath

Rules by Cynthia Lord

Mrs Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien



Printz 

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick

Navigating Early by Claire Vanderpool 

Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner 

Kingdom of Little Wounds by Susann Cokal



CSK author

March: Book One by John Lewis

3. Set aside time each week to read the libraryland blogs, journals and other news sources. This really needs to be a part of my regular workweek.  Ever since Google’s blog reader bit the dust, I’ve fallen behind on reading blogs.  Any suggestions? I do follow several literacy resources on Facebook.  That seems to help some.

4. Keep up with tracking books read!  I read over 775 books in 2013.  I’d like to read an even 1000 in 2014.  I have been using Goodreads for years, and plan to continue. According to Goodreads, I have completed over 400 books so far this year and am currently around 30 behind schedule.  I’ve been trying to read more picture books, especially the new ones that arrive in our library system.  Since I no longer order children’s materials, I feel like I don’t have the grasp of new children’s literature that I once had.  So for the past year I have made an extra effort to peruse the new children’s books on a regular basis.

1 comment:

Stephen Shaskan said...

Thanks for including The Three Triceratops Tuff on this impressive list!