Tuesday, February 17, 2015

January 2015 reads

Here are the titles.  As usual, if the title is in bold that means I rated it five stars on my Goodreads account. 2015 is off to a slow start. I read only 21 books in January.  Almost half were picture books.  As part of my 2015 Reading Resolutions, I started the Harry Potter series.  I had forgotten how innocent the first book is compared to the final book of the series!

Also as part of my 2015 Reading Resolutions I read several books from the various award lists.  Those books are noted in parentheses.  As usual, if the title is in bold that means I rated it five stars on my Goodreads account.


Ida M. Tarbell: The Woman Who Challenged Big Business--and Won! by Emily Arnold McCully (YALSA Non-Fiction)
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
The Letter Q: Queer Writers' Notes to their Younger Selves by Sarah Moon, James Lecesne, et. al.
Waiting is Not Easy! by Mo Willems
Dangerous Women edited by George R.R. Martin, Gardner R. Dozois
Scar Boys by Len Vlahos (Morris)
A Taste of Temptation by Cat Schield
Saga, Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan
Our Only May Amelia by Jennifer L. Holm (Newbery)
It Looked Like Spilt Milk by Charles G. Shaw
Always by My Side by Susan Kerner
Talk Sweetly to Me by Courtney Milan
Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah Moskowitz (Stonewall)
Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek by Maya Van Wagenen (YALSA Non-Fiction)
A Penguin Story by Antoinette Portis
Penguin by Polly Dunbar
Penguins by Liz Pichon
If You Were a Penguin by Florence Minor
Penguins by Kate Riggs
A Week in the Snow by Gwen Masters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography by Neil Patrick Harris

No comments: