Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fall 2015 24-hour Readathon



The fall 24 Hour Readathon is this weekend.  I am so excited.  It starts at 8 a.m. in my time zone. I’ve been selecting books – in a variety of formats – just for this day.  In addition to reading and participating in various readathon activities online, I am going to my book group that evening.  I decided that it counts as we will be discussing books.

Most of the titles I have set aside for Saturday are:

  • Fever Moon: A Graphic Novel by Karen Marie Moning; Adapted by David Lawrence (Graphic Novel)
  • Monster on the Hill by Rob Harrell (Graphic Novel)
  • All-Star Superman by Written by Grant Morrison (Graphic Novel)
  • Batman: The Killing Joke by Alan Moore (Graphic Novel)
  • Brain Camp by Susan Kim & Laurence Klavan (Graphic Novel)
  • Rat Queens, Sass and Sorcery, Volume One by Kurtis J. Wiebe (Graphic Novel)
  • Furiously Happy: [A Funny Book about Horrible Things] by Jenny Lawson (ebook)
  • Your Own, Sylvia: A Verse Portrait of Sylvia Plath by Stephanie Hemphill (Printz)
  • Keesha's House by Helen Frost (Printz)
  • The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
  • Captain Marvel. Vol. 3, Alis Volate Propriis by Writer Kelly Sue (Graphic Novel)
  • Feathers by Jacqueline Woodson (Newbery)
  • Dark Emperor and Other Poems of the Night by Joyce Sidman (Newbery)
  • After Tupac and D Foster by Jacqueline Woodson (Newbery)
  • Show Way by Jacqueline Woodson (Newbery)
  • A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park (Audiobook. Newbery)
  • Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (Audiobook)
  • Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (Audiobook)
  • Son of No One by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Audiobook)
  • Everything’s Eventual by Stephen King (ebook)
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama by Rita Williams-Garcia
  • In the Shadows of Blackbirds by Cat Winters (Morris)
  • You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister (ebook)

As you can see, several titles are in audiobook form.  I am currently reading Carry On (via the Audible app on my phone) and will likely finish it Saturday, but I’m not sure which title I have on deck I will start next.  I just started A Single Shard (via CD, so in the car), so will likely listen to it as I drive to and from book group. And yes…there are 23 titles.  I like to have options.

Last time I almost made it the full 24 hours.  I wonder if I can do it this time.  Guess I’ll find out soon enough!  

Be sure to follow me on Instagram, as that is where I will post updates throughout the day.

No comments: