The fall 24 Hour Readathon is this weekend. I am so excited. It starts at 8 a.m. in my time zone. I’ve been selecting books – in a variety of formats – just for this day. In addition to reading and participating in various readathon activities online, I am going to my book group that evening. I decided that it counts as we will be discussing books.
Most of the titles I have set aside for Saturday are:
- Fever Moon: A Graphic Novel by Karen Marie Moning; Adapted by David Lawrence (Graphic Novel)
- Monster on the Hill by Rob Harrell (Graphic Novel)
- All-Star Superman by Written by Grant Morrison (Graphic Novel)
- Batman: The Killing Joke by Alan Moore (Graphic Novel)
- Brain Camp by Susan Kim & Laurence Klavan (Graphic Novel)
- Rat Queens, Sass and Sorcery, Volume One by Kurtis J. Wiebe (Graphic Novel)
- Furiously Happy: [A Funny Book about Horrible Things] by Jenny Lawson (ebook)
- Your Own, Sylvia: A Verse Portrait of Sylvia Plath by Stephanie Hemphill (Printz)
- Keesha's House by Helen Frost (Printz)
- The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
- Captain Marvel. Vol. 3, Alis Volate Propriis by Writer Kelly Sue (Graphic Novel)
- Feathers by Jacqueline Woodson (Newbery)
- Dark Emperor and Other Poems of the Night by Joyce Sidman (Newbery)
- After Tupac and D Foster by Jacqueline Woodson (Newbery)
- Show Way by Jacqueline Woodson (Newbery)
- A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park (Audiobook. Newbery)
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (Audiobook)
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (Audiobook)
- Son of No One by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Audiobook)
- Everything’s Eventual by Stephen King (ebook)
- Gone Crazy in Alabama by Rita Williams-Garcia
- In the Shadows of Blackbirds by Cat Winters (Morris)
- You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister (ebook)
As you can see, several titles are in audiobook form. I am currently reading Carry On (via the Audible app on my phone) and will likely finish it Saturday, but I’m not sure which title I have on deck I will start next. I just started A Single Shard (via CD, so in the car), so will likely listen to it as I drive to and from book group. And yes…there are 23 titles. I like to have options.
Last time I almost made it the full 24 hours. I wonder if I can do it this time. Guess I’ll find out soon enough!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, as that is where I will post updates throughout the day.