Monday, November 05, 2007

Twilight



Thanks to a trip to Columbus (it's a nearly 3 hour drive one way), I finished this book on Sunday. I admit...I've requested the sequels in audio. Now that my admission is out of the way, let me tell you what I thought of the book.

It did get better. Obviously, it must have if I requested the sequels. That being said, it didn't get so much better that I would list it as a favorite book. Not at all. As the action picked up, the story was less boring. I'm now interested in what happens next. I hope that the next two books are not as slow moving and repetitive as this one.

Speaking of repetition...for some reason, I got the idea that Edward is cold to the touch. Could it be how often the writer mentioned his cold hands...his icy lips...his cool chest. Also, at one point, the vampires are referred to as the Cold Ones or something along that line. Dude. You could have cut out at least 100 words from the book...maybe more. We get the picture.

So, that book is done and I am on to another. That, of course, is for another post.

No comments: