Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Book Day!

Several books came in for me on my day off. Yay! So, my latest reads are:

The Duggars : 20 and counting! : raising one of America's largest families--how they do it by Michelle & Jim Bob Duggar
Why am I reading this book? Because I’m slightly obsessed with this family. Ma and Pa Duggar and their brood live in Arkansas. Ma has birthed 18 children – only two sets of twins – and would love to have more. Oh…and all the kids have names that begin with a J.

Umkay…

The family has had several TLC/Discovery specials over the past several years, and now even has their won television show. Unfortunately for me, I don’t have cable/satellite, so I can rarely watch the madness on TV.

Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton. This is book 3 of the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series. I am excited to read it, and have already placed the next few books on hold. Yay!


The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp. This is a book club pick for February. I started reading it yesterday, and haven’t read enough yet to write about it.

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon (audiobook) – still listening to this series. I’m nearly finished with disc 18 of 30+. It’s getting really good. Clare is back from the future and has just found out that Jamie married the bitch who tried to get Clare burned as a witch!

Speaking of the Outlander series…

A friend and I were discussing the books last night. I’ve decided that Kevin McKidd should play Jamie in the Outlander movie, rumored to be released in 2011. If you watch Grey’s Anatomy, you would know him as Major Hottie. Not only is he a cutie with reddish hair, but he’s also Scottish.

In other news…

I’m hoping to get quite a bit of Voyager completed over the next two weeks. I’ve a drive to – and from – Michigan, and a flight to – and from – Denver. Plus the time hanging around airports, hotels, etc. So, I am going to borrow the husband’s MP3 player and download some books on CD to it and my laptop. Additionally, as I am going to a library conference, I’m sure I’ll pick up a book – or 20 – while in Denver.

No comments: