Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Come along on a fantastic voyage...

I’m nearly finished with Voyager! While I am immensely enjoying the series, I am going to take a break for a book or two. The books are wonderful…but LONG. Voyager is 36 CDs!

So, once I finish it (hoping that it will be tonight), I am going to start The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie (and also narrated by him). I’ve read the book, and enjoyed it. The audiobook is the 2009 Odyssey Award winner.

I think my next audiobook will be Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy; narrated by Rupert Degas. This is another book that I’ve already read and enjoyed. It was a 2008 Odyssey Award honor.

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon; narrated by Davina Porter

In the third installment of the Outlander series, Claire prepares to return to the 1700s – and to Jamie. Upon making the trip through the stone circle once again, she makes her way to Edinburgh, where she believes Jamie to be living. She does reunite with Jamie and with his family.

When their nephew Young Ian is kidnapped, the couple head for the West Indies in hopes of finding the teen.

I enjoy this story as much as I have the previous tales. The only reason I’m taking a break from the series is that the books are long – and each takes well over a month to complete.

I’m reading several books, including Blue Moon by Laurell K. Hamilton and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (a teen book). I just started Hunger Games, so I don’t have much to say about it yet.

Blue Moon is the eighth book in the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series. It’s OK. At this point, I’m continuing the books just because they are decent enough vampire fluff, and I’m still in the mood for that type of book. I’m about halfway through this one, so I’ll wait to write more about it.

No comments: