Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Immortal Highlander - Karen Marie Moning

The Immortal Highlander
Karen Marie Moning

I started reading these books due to a recommendation from a friend.  I have a penchant for reading romance novels as they tend to be easy reading, which is always nice after a hard day of work, or on a Saturday evening.

This book had all elements of a good romance.  A devilishy handsome male who is intent on seducing the woman and does not seem to have limits on what he will do.  A women who does all she can to resist him, but knowing that she will likely give in at some point.  And then we just sit back and wait and see what happens and when it happens.

I enjoyed this book as it was an easy read.  A few days on the bus to and from work, and a few hours on my Saturday afternoon and I was done.  I will admit I did have a bit of difficulty with the fantasy/Faery bit, just because I had a bit of hard time understanding some of the elements, but overall it did not take away from the book.

This book does promote that is a book involving highlanders, but this was not really a large point of the book.  The male character has spent a lot of time there, but we don’t really spend a lot of time in that realm learning about it.

When Sharon isn't reading she enjoys spending time with her cats or working on her crafts.  Find out more about them at http://allaboutme-sharon.blogspot.com/

No comments: