Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Reading Rant

More appropriately, the title of this post should be listening rant or audiobook rant.

As you know, I’ve been listening to the Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I recently started the final audiobook, These Happy Golden Years. I didn’t get far, though. The first disc skipped towards the end, but not enough to stop listening to the story. Just a few seconds worth. I moved on to the next disc…which skipped so much that I couldn’t continue to listen. Ugh. Even after a deep buffing, the CDs skip a ton. So, I am impatiently waiting for another copy of the book to arrive so I can finish the series.

Meanwhile, I decided to listen to another audiobook. I picked up Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare. It skipped as well! I buffed it and sent it back, deciding that I didn’t like the narrator anyhow.

So now I am stuck without an audiobook. This means I have to listen to the radio when I am driving. My other option is to listen to podcasts on my iPhone, which I have been doing from time to time. I feel a little lost, though, without an audiobook to listen to in the car.

No comments: