Sunday, August 15, 2010

Notorious

This review is by guest reviewer/blogger Sharon.

Notorious
by Ann Miller


This book is about 3 girls who meet at that awkward stage of their teenage years and follow their adventures up until they are starting their 30’s. You have the girl that doesn’t fit in, the cool girl, and another one that shows up later and just naturally fits in. They meet at a boarding school, and we learn how they all bond and become as tight as can be. This relationship continues through their adult life through murder, drugs, detox and failed marriages and careers. But through it all, they are there for each other no matter what happens.

I did have one problem with this book in that the time transitions were not smooth to me and I would get confused. All of a sudden within one paragraph you would realize that time just skipped ahead a few years. It would have been better if there had been a break instead, not necessarily a chapter break, but just an extra line or two type break.

Overall this book held my interest and I ended up ignoring some things that I needed to do so I could continue reading. Even though it kept me captivated, it took me longer than a 500 page book should take to read.

No comments: