Tuesday, August 10, 2010

revisiting a childhood favorite

My friend LF has been listening to the Anne of Green Gables books by L. M. Montgomery. Somehow she missed reading the books as a child. While recently discussing the series, LF remarked that she is very upset that no one gave her the books to read when she was younger.

While this is a classic children’s book series, many of my generation may know of the stories due to the television series that was aired during my childhood. I adored that show.

Unlike LF, I was very lucky in that my Aunt M did give me a complete paperback set of the series as a birthday or Christmas gift. It was a couple of years later that I picked up the first book and started reading, but that was not the last time I picked it up. Since then I have read the whole series at least twice more. It has been several years, though, so I am considering getting the audiobooks. I’ve heard they are excellent.

No comments: