Sunday, August 22, 2010

Some Pig!


When kindhearted Fern saves the runt of the litter from death, no one in her family thought that it would amount to much. Soon the piglet, affectionately named Wilbur, is moved to a nearby farm (owned by Fern’s uncle), where he soon finds an unlikely friend in a grey spider named Charlotte. Through Charlotte’s talent and ingenuity, Wilbur hopes to remain off the family dinner table.
Charlotte's WebLike:
Such a sweet story of friendship, this is undoubtedly one of the best children’s books written. I knew the tale, but from watching the animated film as a child, not from reading the book. If I did read the story, I don’t recall doing so. I love the illustrations, the characters, the setting…everything about the book is wonderful.

Dislike:
I honestly can’t think of a thing.

Other:
1953 Newbery Honor book

No comments: