Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Books are a great source of fiber...

Where has September gone?  It has been a busy month - which is nothing unusual!  

The first week of the month I was on vacation.  Reading accomplished = zero.  The time I was off of work was spent with my husband (who was actually off sick for a few days) and with an out-of-town guest - Sharon from Canada! 

A few days after vacation ended, life became a little more hectic.  Why?  Because Hubby and I adopted a beautiful 1-year-old named Luna.  The same day we brought Luna home my sister G had a little girl as well.  The major difference between our two daughters is that mine happens to have four legs...and is a different species. 


My lovely little Luna Belle surprised me by enjoying a few library books.  

 She must have known this wasn't a great resource...

And that this one is.  On a side note, we now own two editions of The Dog Bible..

So now I owe my work about$50. On top of the $4.80 I already owe in fines (I blame the Hubby for most of those fines.  All he has to do is put his returns in my work bag or purse...)


I have been slowly listening to The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon.  Most of my pleasure reading has been books about dogs, though I just finished reading The Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad. 

The reason I picked up The Bookseller of Kabul is due to work.  As I am going on vacation (yes, again) next week, I have been trying to get many tasks completed and programs planned before I go.  One of the items on my to do list was to put together a teen book display for Banned Book Week.  This display will be up most of October, even though Banned Book Week is October 1-7 this year.  While looking for books for the display, I saw The Bookseller of Kabul listed.  It sparked my interest.  I'm glad I came across it and I feel it is a wonderful look into the lives of people in Afghanistan.  While it is a non-fiction book written for adults, I would feel comfortable giving it to most high school students.

Also on my to do list before going on vacation (yes, again) is to schedule some more blog posts.  I have no idea where we are going or even when during the week we will be gone (though the furbabies will enjoy quality time at their home with Aunt Bug while we are away).  I am kind of hoping to not have internet access wherever we go.  Sometimes it is great to be forced to disconnect!

No comments: