For samples of adorable bento creations, I printed out a search results page from Pinterest.
- plastic silverware - notably knives.
- paper plates
- disposable food storage containers - such as Gladware.
- cookie cutters - various sizes and shapes
- rice cooker
- wax paper
- Asian/sushi rice. It's stickier than American style rice (and tastes so much better!)
- veggies - I bought a small veggie tray. It had broccoli, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, celery, sugar snap peas, and ranch dip.
- fruit - I didn't buy any for this program because I didn't like the looks of what they had at the store.
- raisins (or other dried fruit)
- lunchmeat - I had sandwich size pepperoni and salami
- cheese - I had American cheese slices, cheddar cheese pieces and some string cheese.
- small pretzel sticks
- anything that can be used to make cute food.
My sample isn't nearly as cute as some of the samples you can find online, but it is still fun. And fun is what it is all about.