My three rules:
- Don't double dip the toothpicks from the dye to the frosting and back to the dye. That's just asking for a science experiment that I don't want to deal with.
- When you are finished getting dye for your frosting, put the lid back on the container. It's not always easy to tell the color of dye just from looking at it in the pot.
- Clean up your area when you are finished.
- Always make more frosting than you think you will need!
- I discovered a great way to give everyone an equal amount of frosting. Use a large ice cream/cookie dough scoop!
- Clorox or Lysol wipes are great for cleanup. I went through most of a new container, but they make cleanup a breeze.
Here are the photos from Saturday's program!
|A platypus! She saw a cupcake picture and used what supplies were available to make one similar.|