Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Reading BINGO challenge


I love challenges.  If you have read even a little of my blog or listened to me talk about books at all, you will know this.   
Look at all those BINGOs!
Back in May my coworker, Brindi of Sweet B's Impressions, blogged about a Reading BINGO challenge (click this link for your own card). I mentioned that I might need to steal the idea.  When I returned to work a few days later, there was a BINGO board waiting on my desk.  That was May 19.
Fast forward to today, and I am nearly finished with the board.  I am waiting on one title to be returned to the library (it’s overdue by a few days).  I’m working one two more (Dodger by Terry Pratchett, which will complete the middle box, and Rags and Bones, the short stories choice).  I need two more spots – The First Book by a Favorite Author and A Best-Selling Book.
 
Of course, there are notes on the back of my card.


As Miss Brindi has heard me grumble a few times, often if I have a favorite author I have likely already read his/her first published book.  I’ve been virtually banging my head against the desk trying to think of an author whose first novel I haven’t already read.  As I was writing this post, it came to me.  One of my favorite books from childhood is A Wrinkle in Time.  I’ve read the whole series, but this is the one that I read again and again and again.  A little research showed me that I haven’t read Madeleine L'Engle’s first published novel: The Small Rain. Since we don’t have it at my library, I’ve place an Inter-Library Loan request for it.
Now to just pick a bestseller and I can complete this challenge – just in time to concentrate on the next one Brindi shared with me!  That will have to wait for another post.

No comments: