Friday, May 01, 2015

Going Green Preschool Storytime Plan

 April 22 is Earth Day.  In celebration of it, we had a Going Green themed for preschool storytime.  While I did find many books on the green lifestyle, I wasn't finding many fingerplays and songs that I felt the children would enjoy.  So I shared the books on my handout and as a display in the room, and instead did a frog themed program.  

You can get my Going Green storytime plan by clicking here. 

 
When I was looking for a craft, I came across several using paper plates.  Doing those would require lots of coloring or painting, or having green plates.  I didn't want to do that, since I can have a fairly large group of preschoolers.  Instead I decided to make my own template in MS Publisher and copy it onto various shades of green paper.  You can get my template by clicking here.





Please note, to view the files, you will need a version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (get it free here). 

Here is my sample, along with all of the curled tongues, dotted eyes, and copied templates.  

 

No comments: