Thursday, July 02, 2009

Always reading...

During this time of uncertainty, I’ve been reading. Of course, very little keeps me from picking up a book.

What I’ve finished recently:

A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn

I saw this on someone’s Waiting on Wednesday list and it sounded pretty decent. It’s a retelling of Sleeping Beauty.

When spoiled Princess Talia of Euphoria pricks her finger on a spindle just before her sixteenth birthday, the whole kingdom falls into a deep sleep. The rest of the world forgets the kingdom even existed.

Three hundred years later, Jack is unhappily on a tour of Europe. When he and a his friend sneak away from their group in search of a beach, they end up discovering Euphoria...and Jack ends up kissing the beautiful princess. This, of course, causes all sorts of trouble.

Jack and Talia fly back to Florida, where Talia tries to make Jack fall in love with her, and to learn how to fit in. Will they live happily ever after?


Peach Fuzz. Volume 1 by Lindsay Cibos and Jared Hodges

This is a children’s graphic novel about a little girl named Amanda and her new pet – a ferret who she names Peach.

Peach is ferret royalty. She is full of spunk. Amanda is a typical little girl with a new pet – not sure how to take care of it.

I adore Peach. She really makes the story fun. Amanda – and her mother’s – behavior, however, is a bit deplorable at times. I’d give this to someone who has a love of ferrets…but it won’t make my top books of the year list.

I’ve also finished two other books, both of which I’ve greatly enjoyed. But…those will have to wait. The titles are:

  • The Nation by Terry Pratchett
  • Clemency Pogue: Fairy Killer by JT Petty

No comments: