Monday, January 24, 2011

Shadowfever

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

Mac is alone in one of the many worlds of Fae. Barrons is dead – by her hand. Now she must do whatever it takes in order to find – and control – the Sinsar Dubh before it destroys the world. Unable to trust anyone around her, Mac decides to play the game her way. Secrets will be revealed and prophecies will be uncovered. Deadly games will be played, but who will win in the end?

Likes

I love this series. Really. The book is nearly 600 pages long and I read it in two days. Would have been less, but that pesky job (that I really do adore) was getting in the way.

Mac is a great protagonist. Witty. Smart. Real. She has her doubts about who she is and what she must do. She is passionate about those she considers family and what she thinks is right. She is willing to learn and adapt to whatever crap is being thrown her way.

Barrons is hot. Really hot. He may seem like an ass most of the time, but deep down the beast really is human (of a sort). I think he might be up there with Jaime (from Outlander) as a book crush.

I might have to buy all of the books in this series (including the Highlander books) and reread them. That is how much I love the series.



Dislikes

The last line. The end…or is it. Ack! Don’t do that to me!

The previous books had Mac’s journal in the back. I missed that information being available.

No comments: