Wednesday, April 20, 2011

You had me at woof

You Had Me At Woof: How Dogs Taught Me The Secrets Of Happiness by Julie Klam.


Thirty, single and working an unfulfilling job in New York City, Julie didn’t expect the adoption of a Boston Terrier from a rescue group to be such a life changing event. It was. With Otto, Julie fell in love and found a new purpose in life. Over the next decade she got married, had a daughter and became very involved with the regional Boston Terrier rescue group. This is the story of how Otto – and his fellow Boston Terrier/Boston Terrier mixed brethren, changed Julie.

Likes
You Had Me at Woof: How Dogs Taught Me the Secrets of HappinessIt’s a true story about Boston Terriers…which is the breed of my beloved puppyboy, Spike.

I found myself often nodding along as the author described the typical traits of the breed, as there are many I see in Spike. There is also a lot of humor in her tale. Even the sad parts – as there often can be when discussing rescue pets – were well written. I will admit…I shed a few tears.

Dislikes
How can you have a book about how important these animals have been to you and not have a single photo of them? That was very disappointing.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Definitely sounds like a book that should have had pictures. That would make me sad too.