Saturday, June 30, 2012

Out of This World - Preschool Storytime Plans

Recently I mentioned a space themed storytime.  Since then I learned how to share the PDFs of my preschool storytime plans.  So...here's a blast from the past (2009) and one from a few weeks back (2012).

My storytime plans continue to evolve - even in recent years.  As we moved from using the terminology listed in the original Every Child Ready to Read (ECRR) to the new and improved terminology listed in the second edition of ECRR, the early literacy information shared changed.  

One thing that hasn't changed has been the opening and closing songs.  While I no longer use a CD for them, I still sing the same three songs for all of my storytimes.  They are all fun songs to share with the children and the repetition is great for promoting early literacy skills.  


To view the files, you will need a version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (get it free here).

No comments: