Friday, February 28, 2014

Birdbrains


Since February is National Feed the Birds Month, that is when we have one of my favorite preschool storytime themes: Birds.  There are so many fun books available for the storytime!  As I was preparing for this storytime, I searched my Pinterest board of bird themed crafts.  That is where I saw this adorable project based on the art of Charley Harper.  The project was completed by early elementary children, so I knew that if I wanted to do this for my preschoolers, I would have to find to adapt it.  So, I pulled out some scrap paper, a pencil, and a sharpie and started drawing.

This is the finished product, pasted on a sky blue background. Each of the pieces has been cut so the children just need to glue them to the background and then draw their own embellishments.

Click here for the printable PDF.


Don't worry.  I decided to make it a little easier on those who want to do this craft.  Here are the various pieces. 










Click here for the printable PDF.

Of course, I can't tell you about a preschool storytime theme and not share my storytime plan (click link for PDF). 








No comments: