Wednesday, January 06, 2016

2016 Reading Resolutions

I'll soon post a review of my 2015 Reading Resolutions; however, before we get too far into January, I want to share the ones I've decided on for 2016. Some may seem familiar from previous years.  That is because I use my prior resolutions as a guide for the next year. I still have so many award winners and honors to read!  




2016 Reading Resolutions

1. Participate in at least one of the two Dewey’s  24-hour Read-a-thons. The next Read-a-thon is scheduled for April 23.  I’m scheduled to work the next day, so I may not be able to do all 24 hours.

2. Read more books from the below lists.
·         Read 2015 winners/honors for Caldecott, Belpre illustrator, Coretta Scott King (CSK) illustrator, Odyssey(read 35/attempted 4) YALSA non-fiction , and Geisel  (a.k.a. the awards I finished reading in 2013 and again in 2014 and 2015).  The 2016 winners/honors will be announced on January 11, 2015, adding several titles to my TBR list.
·         Read at least 3 honors/winners from: Schneider Family Book Awards (36 total books 15 read/1 abandoned), Stonewall Book Award - Mike Morgan and Larry Romans Children's Young Adult Literature Award  (30 total books 23 read/1 abandoned), Morris 40 total books 24 read), and Sibert  (59 total books 26 read)

Schneider
Stonewall
Morris
Sibert



·         Read at least six honors/winners from: Newbery (400 total books 102 read/1 abandoned), Printz (77 total books 41 read and 7 abandoned), and CSK author (161 total books. 38 read. 1 abandoned).   

Newbery

Printz

CSK author




3. Finish re-reading the Outlander series. I only have one of the novels left to read: Written in My Own Heart’s Blood.

4. Read/Listen to 375 books.  Originally I was going to go for 500; however, I am on an award selection committee this year, so I am lowering my goal to around what I read in 2015 (373 books). I’ll continue to keep track via my Goodreads account.

5. Blog more.  I would like to make a schedule and stick to it.  Will it happen?  Who knows?  Here’s hoping it does!



No comments: