Monday, June 18, 2012

Desired – Virginia Henley



This review is by guest reviewer/blogger Sharon. 


This book takes place in the olden days when the King ruled the land. The main character in the book is Brianna who is one of the many wards of the King who is approaching marriage age. She starts dreaming of a mysterious handsome stranger. When he shows up in court one day, her breathe is taken away. What she does not know is that he has been dreaming of her too. Circumstance finds her betrothed to her mystery man’s brother but she quickly realizes that she must be with her mystery man instead. What follows is a story of the fight between her head and her heart and how she deals with it. 

Likes 
While my description seems a bit superficial, there truly is a lot going on in this book that keeps it interesting. There is a story line with the King going to war and all that entails as well as a secondary love story with Brianna’s friend Joan, which is similar but who loves the Kings son who is destined to make a political marriage. This book captivated me and made me want to keep reading. A book of 430 pages, I was done in less than a week. When you consider my reading time is limited, this is a pretty good turn around.

Dislikes
The war scenes were a bit hard to read mainly as they did not interest me. I think I did skim some of them though. There were quite a few as they were common in the books time and they added to the intrigue of the storyline.

No comments: