Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Over the Rainbow Preschool Storytime Plan


As a general theme for St. Patrick's Day, we decided to go Over the Rainbow.  I incorporated a holiday themed book into my storytime plan (There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Clover! by Lucille Colandro), but mostly focused on colorful stories and rhymes. 


To download and view the full preschool storytime plan, click here. Please note, to view the files, you will need a version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (get it free here).

Our craft was a fairly simple one.  Using a lovely sky blue colored paper, I copied this rainbow (click here for pdf) that I made a few years ago. The kids could then glue torn pieces of colored paper onto the appropriate bands.  The kids ha a lot of fun with it and several of the adults were thrilled that I incorporated the appropriate number of bands and included indigo.
The finished product.  I made some extras and put them out as a Make-and-Take.


No comments: